Acting as soluble signaling molecules, cytokines mediate the highly coordinated and multifactorial processes that control the host immune response. They are present at all stages of the inflammatory process, from initiation to resolution, and regulate a complex network of interactions.
Cytokines are key proteins for signaling in the tumor microenvironment (TME). For anti-tumor, interferon and TGFβ are able to directly inhibit tumor cell growth; IFNγ, IL-2, IL-12 and IL-15 enhance the cytotoxic activity of lymphocytes or bone marrow cells, which in turn inhibit cell growth. For tumor promotion, TGFβ, TNF, IL-1β and CXCL12 promote tumor cell survival and proliferation; TNF and IL-6 can cause disruption of cytokine regulation and promote tumor inflammation; IL-10, IL-4 and TGFβ cause immunosuppression; TNF, IL-6 and various chemokines can also promote angiogenesis.
Cytokines and cytokine receptors have been extensively studied as cancer targets or cancer therapeutics. The detection of cytokine levels has also contributed to advances in therapeutic research.
Mouse models have contributed substantially to our understanding of Tumor biology, including validation of Tumor genes, discovery of tumor biomarkers, and evaluation of investigational therapeutic approaches for discovery. As in humans, mouse immune cells are driven by a complex network of cytokines, chemokines and growth factors that regulate tumor growth and suppression.
Accurate measurement of tumor markers is essential for understanding the immune response and many disease processes. Creative Proteomics offers Luminex microbead-based multiplex detection panels that allow the quantitative analysis of multiple analytes from a small number of samples.
Magnetic bead-based Luminex multiplex assay
|Mouse||Mouse Tumor Biomarker 27-Plex Panel||sALK-1, Amphiregulin, Angiopoietin-2Δ, BetacellulinΔ, sCD31/sPECAM-1, EGF, Endoglin, Endothelin-1, sFasL/TNFRSF6, FGF-2/FGF-basic, Folliststin(FST), G-CSF, HGF, IL-1β, IL-6, IL-17A/CTLA8, KC/CXCL1, Leptin, MCP-1/CCL2, MIP-1α/CCL3, Placental Growth Factor(PLGF-2), Prolactin SDF-1/CXCL12, TNFα, VEGF-A, VEGF-C, VEGF-D||+Inquiry|
- 96-well plate design for batch detection of multiplexed factors up to 80 samples
- High sensitivity, as low as pg/mL
- Multi-factor assays performed with 50 μL liquid sample and 200 μg total protein
- Suitable for serum/plasma, culture supernatants, cells, tissue lysates.
- Maximized information in a single sample and cross-analysis allowed between analytes
- Run your assay in just 3-5 hours
- Mass-calibrated standards for consistent results with every new lot of material
- Multiplexed protein assays
- Relative protein expression assays
- Detection of cytokine expression patterns
- Biomarker/key factor screening
- Identification of key factors
- Confirmation of biological processes