Introduction to epigenetics signaling pathway
Based on Luminex technology platform, Creative Proteomics provides analysis services for key targets of epigenetics signaling pathway.
Epigenetics refers to changes in gene expression levels based on non-gene sequence changes, including DNA methylation, histone modification, chromosome remodeling and non-coding RNA regulation, mainly through the process of gene transcription or translation The regulation and control of it affects its functions and characteristics.
Epigenetics is a branch of genetics that studies the heritable changes in gene expression when the nucleotide sequence of a gene does not change. There are many epigenetic phenomena, known as DNA methylation, genomic imprinting, maternal effects, gene silencing, nucleolar dominance, dormant transposons Activation and RNA editing (RNA editing), etc.
Changes in epigenetic gene expression do not depend on changes in gene sequences, but on chemical modifications of DNA and histones, including acetylation, methylation, phosphorylation, ubiquitination, ADP ribosylation, etc. Modification of the transcriptional activity of genes, the current concept of epigenetics also includes the category of non-coding RNA (ncRNA). The most common epigenetic change in tumorigenesis is the methylation of CpG islands in the promoter region of tumor suppressor genes. Methylation silencing related gene expression can affect related tumor signaling pathways. Epigenetics has become a new target for individualized treatment of tumors, and many epigenetic changes can also be used as sensitivity markers for chemotherapeutics.
Our detectable targets:
We provide Luminex technology for epigenetics signaling pathway analysis.
Luminex technology is a multifunctional liquid phase analysis platform developed on the basis of colored microspheres, laser technology, applied fluidics and high-speed digital signal processing technology. The core is to encode polypropylene microspheres or magnetic microspheres with fluorescent dyes. By adjusting the different ratios of the two fluorescent dyes, up to 100 microspheres with different fluorescence spectra can be obtained. Antigen-antibody, enzyme-substrate, ligand-receptor binding reactions and nucleic acid hybridization reactions are performed on microspheres with different fluorescence encoding. Qualitative and quantitative analysis by laser detection of microsphere coding and reporter fluorescence separately.
The ability to adjust epigenetics is essential to reset cell state and plasticity. Studies have found that some of the epigenetic changes that cause cancer can be reversed by new therapies, which in some cases are less toxic than traditional chemotherapy. Epigenetic methods will not only change researchers' views on cancer, but also change the treatment of cancer. The new epigenetic treatment is not to kill cancer cells, but to transform diseased cells into normal cells or make them more sensitive to existing or new therapies.
In addition to Luminex Multiplex Assay, Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), Flow cytometry (FACS analysis) technology can also be provided to meet other customer needs.
Advantages of epigenetics signaling pathway detection:
- High-throughput and high-speed: Each microsphere is used as a separate test body, which can perform a large number of biological tests at the same time. It only needs 10~201 samples to test up to 100 indicators at a time, and the fastest can reach 10,000 tests /hour.
- Good repeatability: The Luminex detection platform directly reads the fluorescence value, which is more stable and sensitive: 100 microspheres of each type are detected, and the median value is taken as the result, which is equivalent to 100 repeated detections for each sample.
- Low cost: Simultaneous detection of multiple indicators of a sample can save time, samples, reduce detection costs, and improve analysis efficiency.
Application of our service:
- To study the regulation mechanism of epigenetics signal pathway in disease
- To study the effect of each virus on epigenetics signaling pathway
- To study the effects of drugs or therapies on epigenetics signaling pathways
Creative Proteomics has developed a signal pathway target detection platform. We are not limited to providing epigenetics signal path detection services, but can also provide other signal path detection services. If you want to detect other targets, please contact us and we will customize the service for you. Look forward to working with you.
- Carter, B., Zhao, K. The epigenetic basis of cellular heterogeneity. Nat Rev Genet, 2021, 22: 235–250.
- Decombe, S., Loll, F., et al. Epigenetic rewriting at centromeric DNA repeats leads to increased chromatin accessibility and chromosomal instability. Epigenetics & Chromatin, 2021, 14(35).