Omentin signaling pathway
Based on Luminex technology platform, Creative Proteomics provides analysis services for key targets of omentin signaling pathway.
(Rao S S, et al., 2018)Omentin protein is a recently discovered new adipocytokine produced mainly by secretions from visceral adipose tissue. In recent years, it has been found that omentin protein has the functions of enhancing insulin sensitivity, anti-atherosclerosis, reducing inflammatory response, regulating vascular endothelial cell function, and cardiovascular protection, and is closely related to various clinical diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, autoimmune diseases, and tumors. Therefore, it is particularly important to study the signaling pathways of omentin protein.
Omentin has an anti-atherogenic effect. Omentin induces NO synthesis and increases endothelial function by activating AMPK-eNOS phosphorylation. Omentin inhibits a variety of TNF-α-mediated signaling pathways, down-regulates the expression of vascular adhesion molecules, reduces the production of reactive oxygen species, and decreases the infiltration of inflammatory cells into the vessel wall, thus exerting anti-inflammatory and anti-atherosclerotic effects.
Omentin is widely involved in the regulation of obesity, insulin resistance, inflammatory response, atherosclerosis and vascular endothelial function. In mouse ischemia-reperfusion models and in vitro cultured cardiomyocytes, omentin was shown to reduce myocardial infarct size and apoptosis and protect myocardium from ischemic injury by enhancing phosphorylation of AMPK and Akt.
Our detectable targets:
We provide Luminex technology for omentin signaling pathway analysis.
Luminex technology is a multifunctional liquid phase analysis platform, which is developed on the basis of high-speed digital signal processing technology, colored microspheres, applied fluidics and laser technology. The core is the use of fluorescent dyes for encoding. By adjusting the different ratios of different fluorescent dyes, more than 100 microspheres with different fluorescence spectra were obtained. The reactions are carried out on microspheres with different fluorescent codes, such as nucleic acid hybridization, antigen-antibody, enzyme-substrate, ligand-receptor binding reactions. Using laser detection technology, qualitative and quantitative analysis of microsphere encoding and reporting fluorescence.
Advantages of omentin signaling pathway detection:
- High throughput: It can analyze more than 100 target molecules in the same sample at the same time.
- Low sample consumption: Due to the small size of the microspheres, samples as low as 1 puL can be detected, and 100 different target molecules can be detected simultaneously in the same reaction well, which greatly saves the amount of sample.
- The operation is simple and quick: the liquid phase system is adopted, the reaction time is fast, and the detection of various cytokines can be completed within 2-3 hours.
Application of our service:
- Study the impact of each clinical virus on the omentin signaling pathway
- Research on the regulatory mechanism of omentin signaling pathway in medicine
Creative Proteomics has developed a signaling pathway target detection platform. We can provide detection services not only for omentin signaling pathways, but also for other signaling pathways. If you want to detect other targets, please contact us in advance and we will customize the service for you according to your requirements. Looking forward to working with you.
- Rao S S, Hu Y, et al. Omentin-1 prevents inflammation-induced osteoporosis by downregulating the pro-inflammatory cytokines. Bone Research, 2018, 6(1): 9.
- Bakry O A, El S F, et al. Serum Omentin-1 in Psoriasis. Indian Journal of Dermatology, 2018. 63(1): 85.
- Yıldız S S, Sahin I, et al. Usefulness of Serum Omentin-1 Levels for the Predictions of Adverse Cardiac Events in Patients with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Medical Principles & Practice, 2018.