Resistin signaling pathway
Based on Luminex technology platform, Creative Proteomics provides analysis services for key targets of resistin signaling pathway.
(Sudan SK., et al. 2020)Resistin is a novel adipose-derived cytokine identified during the intervention of TZDs (Thiazolidinediones) in adipocyte differentiation using differential subtractive hybridization techniques to screen for differentially expressed genes. The effects of Resistin on vascular function, immune regulation and adipocyte metabolism make them key players in the pathogenesis of the metabolic syndrome, which is a spectrum of clinical conditions including obesity, insulin resistance, hypertension and dyslipidemia.
The adipokine Resistin exhibits pro-inflammatory, pro-angiogenic and metastatic properties. resistin signaling pathway promotes VEGF-A expression in human osteosarcoma cells and activates extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK), c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) and p38 signaling pathways, while ERK, JNK and p38 inhibitors or their small interfering RNA (siRNA) inhibited Resistin-induced VEGF-A expression, as well as endothelial progenitor cell (EPC) migration and tube formation. In addition, Resistin upregulates VEGF-A expression by enhancing activation of the transcription factor nuclear factor-κB (NF-κB).
Resistin neutralizing antibodies resulted in a 20% decrease in blood glucose and a significant increase in insulin sensitivity in diet-induced obese mice. mRNA levels of the Resistin signaling pathway are normally progressively upregulated during adipocyte differentiation.
Our detectable targets:
We provide Luminex technology for resistin signaling pathway analysis.
Luminex technology is a multifunctional liquid phase analysis platform, which is developed on the basis of high-speed digital signal processing technology, colored microspheres, applied fluidics and laser technology. The core is the use of fluorescent dyes for encoding. By adjusting the different ratios of different fluorescent dyes, more than 100 microspheres with different fluorescence spectra were obtained. The reactions are carried out on microspheres with different fluorescent codes, such as nucleic acid hybridization, antigen-antibody, enzyme-substrate, ligand-receptor binding reactions. Using laser detection technology, qualitative and quantitative analysis of microsphere encoding and reporting fluorescence.
Advantages of resistin signaling pathway detection:
- Good repeatability: The Luminex detection platform directly reads the fluorescence value, which is more stable and sensitive: 100 microspheres of each type are detected, and the median value is taken as the result, which is equivalent to 100 repeated detections for each sample.
- Low cost: Simultaneous detection of multiple indicators of a sample can save time, samples, reduce detection costs, and improve analysis efficiency.
Application of our service:
- Study the regulatory mechanism of resistin signaling pathway in clinical medicine
- Research on the influence of various medical viruses on resistin signaling pathway
- Study the effects of carcinogenic drugs or carcinogenic therapies on resistin signaling pathway
Creative Proteomics has developed a signaling pathway target assay platform. We can provide Resistin signaling pathway assays on one hand, and other signaling pathway assays on the other. In addition, please let us know what other targets you would like to detect and we will customize our services for you. We look forward to working with you.
- Zhang J, Lei T, et al. Resistin up-regulates COX-2 expression via TAK1-IKK-NF-kappaB signaling pathway. Inflammation, 2019, 33(1): 25-33.
- Sudan SK, Deshmukh SK, et al. Resistin: An inflammatory cytokine with multi-faceted roles in cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta Rev Cancer, 2020, 1874(2): 188419.