IL-6 signaling pathway
Based on Luminex technology platform, Creative Proteomics provides analysis services for key targets of IL-6 signaling pathway.
(Naugler WE, et al., 2020)Interleukin-6 (IL-6) is a protein that helps regulate and promote the immune response and also stimulates the production of acute-related reactive substances, and is often used in clinical evaluation of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, inflammatory diseases and infectious diseases.
IL-6 decreases the production of fibrin, albumin and transferrin. As a multifunctional cytokine, it plays a key role in the inflammatory response to many problems.In the initial phase of inflammation, IL-6 is synthesized in local lesions and then transferred to the liver through the bloodstream, followed by the rapid induction of a large number of acute phase proteins such as C-reactive protein (CRP), serum amyloid A (SAA), fibrinogen, hapten and α1-anatase.IL-6 induces production of hepcidin, which blocks the action of the iron transporter ferroportin 1 on the intestine, thus reducing serum iron levels. il-6 also enhances the expression of the zinc importer ZIP14 on hepatocytes, thus inducing hypozincemia in inflammation. In addition, IL-6 sends warning signals in case of tissue damage.
The IL-6 promoter contains multiple regulatory transcription factor elements. Among them, the NF-KB site (-73 to -64) in the IL-6 promoter is thought to be required for IL-1 induced expression. NF-KB is a family of transcription factors that functions as a dimeric complex and is a known target of curcumin.
Our detectable targets:
We provide Luminex technology for IL-6 signaling pathway analysis.
Luminex technology is a multifunctional liquid phase analysis platform, which is developed on the basis of high-speed digital signal processing technology, colored microspheres, applied fluidics and laser technology. The core is the use of fluorescent dyes for encoding. By adjusting the different ratios of different fluorescent dyes, more than 100 microspheres with different fluorescence spectra were obtained. The reactions are carried out on microspheres with different fluorescent codes, such as nucleic acid hybridization, antigen-antibody, enzyme-substrate, ligand-receptor binding reactions. Using laser detection technology, qualitative and quantitative analysis of microsphere encoding and reporting fluorescence.
Advantages of IL-6 signaling pathway detection:
- Good repeatability: The Luminex detection platform directly reads the fluorescence value, which is more stable and sensitive: 100 microspheres of each type are detected, and the median value is taken as the result, which is equivalent to 100 repeated detections for each sample.
- Low cost: Simultaneous detection of multiple indicators of a sample can save time, samples, reduce detection costs, and improve analysis efficiency.
Application of our service:
- Study the regulatory mechanism of IL-6 signaling pathway in medicine
- Study the impact of each clinical virus on the IL-6 signaling pathway
- Study the effect of drugs or therapies on the IL-6 signaling pathway
Creative Proteomics has developed a signaling pathway target detection platform. We can provide detection services not only for IL-6 signaling pathways, but also for other signaling pathways. If you want to detect other targets, please contact us in advance and we will customize the service for you according to your requirements. Looking forward to working with you.
- Naugler WE, Karin M. et al. The wolf in sheep's clothing: the role of interleukin-6 in immunity, inflammation and cancer. Trends Mol Med, 2020, 14: 109-119.
- Prins JR, Gomez-L opez N, et al. Robertson SA. Interleukin-6 in pregnancy and gestational disorders. J Reprod Immunol, 2019.
- Deb s, Tessier C, Prigent-Tessier A, et al. The ex-pression of interleukin-6 (IL -6), IL-6 receptor, and gp130-kilodalton glycoprotein in the rat decidua and a decidual cell line: regulation by 17beta-estradiol and prolactin. Endocrinology, 2019, 140: 4442-4450.