Introduction to calcium signaling pathway
Based on Luminex technology platform, Creative Proteomics provides analysis services for key targets of calcium signaling pathway.
Almost all physiological activities are regulated by Ca2+. The basis of Ca2+ as a cell messenger is that there is a concentration gradient between cytoplasmic Ca2+ and intracellular calcium store or extracellular Ca2+. When a certain stimulus greatly increases the intracellular Ca2+ concentration, it plays a role in transmitting signals. The characteristics of Ca2+ itself are more conducive to binding to the target protein, thereby transmitting information. Due to the integration of multiple functions, the Ca2+ signal must be very flexible and must be strictly controlled at the same time. It is realized by means of different intermediate links of the Ca2+ signal, that is, Ca2+ can act with different amplitudes in different time and space. Different types of cells complete their specific physiological functions with different combinations of calcium signals.
At the cellular level, the calcium signaling pathway can be divided into three levels; at first, it is the most fundamental event.It is derived from a very low level of stimulation that will cause a short opening of a single channel.The released calcium is called calcium pulse (calci-umblips) or Calcium quarks (calciumquarks); then the basic event, which originates from the opening of a small group of channels, and the released calcium forms calcium puffs or calcium scintillations (calci2umsparks). Finally, when the stimulation intensity is high, the synchronization of a large number of basic events produces an overall calcium signal.
Calcium ion channel is a structure that spans the cell membrane, and it strictly controls the process of calcium ions entering the cell. Since calcium signal is related to many important physiological functions, such as heart contraction, gene transcription, etc., it is very important to regulate the precise feedback mechanism of calcium ions into cells. In order to achieve this function, each calcium ion channel is combined with a calmodulin molecule (calmodulin CaM), so that calcium ions are combined with their carboxyl terminal lobules (C-lobe) and amino terminal lobules (N-lobe). Regulation of channel activity.
Our detectable targets:
We provide Luminex technology for calcium signaling pathway analysis.
Luminex technology is a multifunctional liquid phase analysis platform developed on the basis of colored microspheres, laser technology, applied fluidics and high-speed digital signal processing technology. The core is to encode polypropylene microspheres or magnetic microspheres with fluorescent dyes. By adjusting the different ratios of the two fluorescent dyes, up to 100 microspheres with different fluorescence spectra can be obtained. Antigen-antibody, enzyme-substrate, ligand-receptor binding reactions and nucleic acid hybridization reactions are performed on microspheres with different fluorescence encoding. Qualitative and quantitative analysis by laser detection of microsphere coding and reporter fluorescence separately.
The exosomal pathway is widely used in the body's immune response, antigen presentation, cell migration, cell differentiation, tumor invasion, and promotion of tumor growth and invasion.
In addition to Luminex Multiplex Assay, Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), Flow cytometry (FACS analysis) technology can also be provided to meet other customer needs.
Advantages of calcium signaling pathway detection:
- High-throughput: Simultaneous analysis of multiple target molecules in the same sample. Theoretically, the detection flux is equal to the number of types of microspheres, that is, up to 100 types.
- Low sample consumption: Because 100 different target molecules can be detected in the same reaction well at the same time, the amount of sample is greatly saved; and because of the small size of the microspheres, as little as 1 puL of samples can be detected.
- Simple and fast operation: Because it is a liquid phase system, the reaction time is greatly shortened, and multiple cytokine detection can be completed within 2 to 3 hours.
Application of our service:
- To study the regulation mechanism of calcium signal pathway in disease
- To study the effect of each virus on calcium signaling pathway
- To study the effects of drugs or therapies on calcium signaling pathways
Creative Proteomics has developed a signal pathway target detection platform. We are not limited to providing calcium signal path detection services, but can also provide other signal path detection services. If you want to detect other targets, please contact us and we will customize the service for you. Look forward to working with you.
- Signal Transduction, Calcium Signaling, et al. Calcium signaling pathways regulate a multitude of biological process such as transcription, cell motility, and muscle contraction through diverse cellular response patterns. Journal of Molecular Biology, 2019.