Cytokines are a general term for a group of soluble proteins and peptides. They play a regulatory role under normal and pathological conditions, regulating the functional activities of individual cells and tissues. These proteins mediate direct interactions between cells and regulate processes that occur in the extracellular environment. Cytokines are different from hormones in that they act on a wider range of target cells. Moreover, unlike hormones, they are not produced by special cells in special glands. The cytokine proteome includes lymphokines, interferons, colony stimulating factors and chemokines. The research of cytokines and chemokines plays an important role in understanding the immune system and its multiple responses to most antigens, as well as disease states.
In order to determine the specific cytokines involved in any inflammation or immune response, cytokines may need to be screened, which usually requires a certain degree of automation and/or high throughput. Beads can make the process of automation and high-throughput screening easier. Creative Proteomics offers human cytokine assay services that facilitates studies of immune responses, inflammatory diseases, allergies, sepsis, and cancer. Based on luminex assay technology, we can enable the simultaneous determination of multiple proteins. The assay can be applied to extracellular protein analysis of almost all types of biological samples. If you need, we will also provide other technologies to assist in validation.
Our detectable targets:
We offer a wide selection of target analytes, including but not limited to:
We also offer a wide range of established Human Luminex Multiplex Assay Panels for you to choose from.
We offer the Luminex cytokine detection platform. Luminex uses fluorescently encoded microspheres containing specific antibodies against different target molecules. The different microspheres can be freely combined to a certain extent to obtain the desired speed and sensitivity advantages, allowing quantitative multiplex assays for dozens of analytes simultaneously and greatly improving analytical efficiency.
The Luminex cytokine assay platform has the following advantages:
- Multiple detection: simultaneous detection of 100 biological targets
- Short experiment time: 1-3 weeks
- High sensitivity: the lower limit of accurate quantification is as low as 0.1 pg/mL
- Save samples: only need a sample volume as low as 25 μL
- Time saving: the experiment process only takes 4 hours
For your different needs, we can also provide the following detection methods:
- Flow cytometry (FACS analysis): Highly sensitive fluorescent labeling and detection system, which can detect two or more cytokines in the same cell at the same time.
- Mass cytometry: A flow technique that uses the principle of mass spectrometry for multi-parameter detection of single cells. It inherits the characteristics of high-speed analysis of traditional flow cytometry and has the high resolution capability of mass spectrometry detection.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA): Use the primary antibody for capture, and conjugate the secondary antibody with an enzyme or radioisotope for detection. Our multiplexing system can detect the expression of multiple cytokines at once.
A wide range of samples are acceptable, including human serum, plasma (EDTA recommended), cell cultures, tissue homogenates, urine, synovial fluid, sputum, CSF, BAL, and others.
The samples are stored in a refrigerator at -80 degrees Celsius and transported on dry ice.
- Cytokine profiling
- Dose determination
- Mechanism of action
- Exploratory, confirmatory & predictive biomarkers
Creative Proteomics can provide you with a one-stop solution. If you want to detect other targets or ask for other information, please contact us. We are looking forward to cooperating with you.