Leptin signaling pathway
Based on Luminex technology platform, Creative Proteomics provides analysis services for key targets of leptin signaling pathway.
(Brennan AM, et al.2019)Leptin is a secreted protein encoded by the ob gene located on human chromosome (7q 31. 3) and exerts its physiological functions by binding to the leptin receptor. Leptin is a pleiotropic hormone that can participate in the proliferative and anti-apoptotic effects of several systems simultaneously. Previous studies have suggested that leptin can reduce appetite and body weight, regulate fat deposition and energy balance, regulate neuroendocrine effects, and participate in the immune response of the body. Recent studies have found that leptin plays a role in promoting tumor cell proliferation and metastasis by mediating certain intracellular signaling pathways.
The leptin signaling pathway and its mediated signaling pathways have a role in promoting tumor cell proliferation and metastasis. With the in-depth study of leptin and its mediated signal transduction pathway, we will explore its intrinsic connection with tumor development and seek effective chemical or genetic drugs to inhibit or cut off the leptin-mediated signaling pathway, which will lay the experimental foundation for tumor prevention and control of tumor development.
Leptin is a hormone produced in fat cells that affects the brain and some other peripheral tissues. It plays a key role in the regulation of endocrine function and control of energy expenditure. In addition to adipose tissue, the leptin signaling pathway has regulatory roles in other tissues including placenta, ovary, skeletal muscle, pituitary and lymphatic tissue. Leptin regulates food intake and also plays a key role in energy expenditure, metabolism, neuroendocrine axis and immune function.
Our detectable targets:
We provide Luminex technology for leptin signaling pathway analysis.
Luminex technology is a multifunctional liquid phase analysis platform, which is developed on the basis of high-speed digital signal processing technology, colored microspheres, applied fluidics and laser technology. The core is the use of fluorescent dyes for encoding. By adjusting the different ratios of different fluorescent dyes, more than 100 microspheres with different fluorescence spectra were obtained. The reactions are carried out on microspheres with different fluorescent codes, such as nucleic acid hybridization, antigen-antibody, enzyme-substrate, ligand-receptor binding reactions. Using laser detection technology, qualitative and quantitative analysis of microsphere encoding and reporting fluorescence.
Advantages of leptin signaling pathway detection:
- High sensitivity: The surface area of the microspheres is large, and 100,000 probes can be fixed on each microsphere, which ensures the maximum binding with the target molecules in the sample and improves the detection sensitivity. The lowest detection concentration can reach 0.1pg/mL.
- Strong specificity: Can read the fluorescent signal on a single microsphere, and automatically distinguish between bound and unbound microspheres.
- High accuracy: Without washing, the fluorescence intensity of the reporter molecule on the microsphere is proportional to the bound molecule to be detected. Because the detection range of the Luminex detection platform is large, it does not need to be diluted like ELISA detection, which further reduces errors.
Application of our service:
- Study the regulatory mechanism of leptin signaling pathway in clinical diseases
- Study the influence of various human viruses on the leptin signaling pathway
- Study the influence of carcinogenic drugs or therapies on the signal pathway of leptin
Creative Proteomics has developed a signal pathway target detection platform. We are not limited to providing leptin signal path detection services, but can also provide other signal path detection services. If you want to detect other targets, please contact us and we will customize the service for you. Look forward to working with you.
- Brennan AM, Mantzoros CS, et al. Drug Insight: the role of leptin in human physiology and pathophysiology-emerging clinical pplica-tions. Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab, 2019, 2(6): 318.
- Wang W, Yan H, et al. Human leptin triggers prolifera-tion of A549 cells via blocking endoplasmic reticulum stress related apoptosis. Biochemistry, 2018, 78(12): 1333.