Apelin signaling pathway
Based on Luminex technology platform, Creative Proteomics provides analysis services for key targets of apelin signaling pathway.
(Kawamata, Y., et al. 2020)Apelin is located on human x chromosome, belongs to the angiotensin I receptor related protein. Apelin/APJ system is widely distributed in the central nervous system and peripheral tissues. Apelin is not only a vasoactive peptide, but also an adipose-derived hormone and neuromediator that is involved in the pathogenesis of hypertension, atherosclerosis, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity and many other diseases.
Apelin is an endogenous peptide capable of binding to the apelin receptor (APJ), which was originally described as an unprimed G protein-coupled receptor. Apelin and APJ are widely expressed in a variety of tissues and organ systems. They are implicated in different key physiological processes, such as angiogenesis, cardiovascular function, cell proliferation and regulation of energy metabolism. On the other hand, this ligand receptor is also involved in several pathologies including diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease and cancer.
Our detectable targets:
We provide Luminex technology for apelin signaling pathway analysis.
Luminex technology is a multifunctional liquid phase analysis platform, which is developed on the basis of high-speed digital signal processing technology, colored microspheres, applied fluidics and laser technology. The core is the use of fluorescent dyes for encoding. By adjusting the different ratios of different fluorescent dyes, more than 100 microspheres with different fluorescence spectra were obtained. The reactions are carried out on microspheres with different fluorescent codes, such as nucleic acid hybridization, antigen-antibody, enzyme-substrate, ligand-receptor binding reactions. Using laser detection technology, qualitative and quantitative analysis of microsphere encoding and reporting fluorescence.
Apart from that, flow cytometry (FACS analysis) and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) technology can also be provided to meet other customer needs.
Advantages of apelin signaling pathway detection:
- High sensitivity. 100,000 probes can be fixed on each microsphere to ensure maximum binding to target molecules in the sample, and the lowest detection concentration can reach 0.1pg/mL.
- High specificity. Automatically distinguishes between bound and unbound microspheres and reads the fluorescence signal on individual microspheres.
- High accuracy. No washing is required and the fluorescence intensity of the reporter molecule on the microsphere is proportional to the bound molecule to be detected.
Application of our service:
- Study the regulatory mechanism of apelin signaling pathway in clinical diseases
- Study the influence of various human viruses on the apelin signaling pathway
- Study the influence of carcinogenic drugs or therapies on the signal pathway of apelin
- Creative Proteomics has developed a signal pathway target detection platform. We are not limited to providing apelin signal path detection services, but can also provide other signal path detection services. If you want to detect other targets, please contact us and we will customize the service for you. Look forward to working with you.
- Cheng B, Chen J, et al. Neuroprotection of apelin and its signaling pathway. Peptides, 2019, 37(1):171-173.
- Kawamata, Y., et al. Molecular properties of apelin: tissue distribution and receptor binding. Biochim Biophys Acta, 2020, 1538(2-3): 162-171.