Pigs share close homology with humans, including similar heart size and flow rates, skin, liver enzymes, and bone healing. Therefore, the pig model has the ability to replace higher animals, such as canines and non-human primates for research in many areas of study, such as cardiovascular, toxicology, pharmacology, aging, and skeletal studies. In addition, "mini-pigs" have been bred to retain a heart size and function similar to that of humans, which can age without growing too large for long-term preclinical studies, thus allowing multi-generational studies to be conducted in a relatively short period of time, greatly increasing the use of porcine models in scientific research.
In order to determine the specific cytokines involved in any inflammation or immune response, cytokines may need to be screened, which usually requires a certain degree of automation and/or high throughput. Beads can make the process of automation and high-throughput screening easier. Creative Proteomics offers porcine cytokine assays based on Luminex assay technology, enabling the simultaneous determination of multiple proteins. The assay can be applied to extracellular protein analysis of virtually any type of biological sample. We will also provide additional technologies to assist in validation if you require.
Our detectable targets:
We offer a wide selection of target analytes, including but not limited to:
We also offer a wide range of established Porcine Luminex Cytokine Panels for you to choose from.
We implement cytokine detection services based on Luminex xMAP technology. xMAP is a microbead-based immunoassay. It utilizes fluorescent color-coded magnetic microspheres that are coated with a specific capture antibody against the target protein. To detect the protein captured on the beads, biotinylated antibodies (also specific for the protein) are mixed with the beads and a streptavidin-PE coupling. The subsequent biotin-streptavidin-PE coupling reaction allows identification of each microsphere by its unique color code (protein specificity) and quantification by fluorescence intensity (streptavidin-PE).
The Luminex cytokine assay platform has the following advantages:
- Multiple detection: simultaneous detection of 100 biological targets
- Short experiment time: 1-3 weeks
- High sensitivity: the lower limit of accurate quantification is as low as 0.1 pg/mL
- Save samples: only need a sample volume as low as 25 μL
- Time saving: the experiment process only takes 4 hours
For your different needs, we can also provide the following detection methods:
- Flow cytometry: Highly sensitive fluorescent labeling and detection system, which can detect two or more cytokines in the same cell at the same time.
- Mass cytometry: A flow technique that uses the principle of mass spectrometry for multi-parameter detection of single cells. It inherits the characteristics of high-speed analysis of traditional flow cytometry and has the high resolution capability of mass spectrometry detection.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA): Use the primary antibody for capture, and conjugate the secondary antibody with an enzyme or radioisotope for detection. Our multiplexing system can detect the expression of multiple cytokines at once.
Acceptable samples include pig serum, plasma, tissue/cell lysate and culture supernatant. Please contact technical staff for details.
- Cytokine profiling
- Dose determination
- Mechanism of action
- Exploratory, confirmatory & predictive biomarkers
Creative Proteomics can provide you with a one-stop solution. If you want to detect other targets or ask for other information, please contact us. We are looking forward to cooperating with you.